This event is over. See upcoming events
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Launch of Suryathon
Shri. Dinesh Patnaik
Director General - ICCR
Dr. Vinayachandra BK
Director, Indica Yoga
Dr. Jayaram Mahadevan
Director- Research, Krishnamachari Yoga Mandiram
Dr. Mayur V Kaku
Head of Neurosurgery Department, Vasavi Hospital, Bengaluru
Dr. Somit Kumar Ghosh
Director, AVP Research Foundation
Dr. HR Nagendra
Smt. Rukmini Vijayakumar
Dancer, Founder - Raadha Kalpa Dance Company
Launch of Suryathon (Suryanamaskar Marathon)
Last year's IDY theme was Yoga at Home, Yoga With Family. With the current situation of the pandemic, the theme for IDY 2021: Be with Yoga, Be at Home, has once again been reiterated by the Ministry of Ayush and Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs. Indica Yoga and CSP support this theme and are keen to work towards it.
Suryathon makes it possible to take this message to millions of people from across the world and join the celebrations of IDY effortlessly from the comforts of their homes. It motivates people to boost their immunity with yoga.
May 29, 2021, Saturday| 06:00 -08:00 PM IST
Launch of Suryathon
Introducing Suryathon App: Sri. Deena Harapanahalli, Founder, Lifecykul
- Shri. Dinesh Patnaik, Director General of Indian Council of Cultural Relations.
- Dr. Jayaram Mahadevan, Director, Research Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai - "Suryanamaskar - Spiritual Perspective and Vedic Roots"
- Dr. Mayur V Kaku, Head of Neurosurgery Department at Vasavi Hospital, Bengaluru - "Effect of Suryanamaskar on Physical and Neurophysiological perspective"
- Dr. Somit Kumar Ghosh, Director, AVP Research Foundation - "Ayurveda's approach to Yoga"
- Dr. HR Nagendra, Chancellor, S-VYASA - "Transformation through Yoga"
- Smt. Rukmini Vijayakumar, Dancer, Founder - Raadha Kalpa Dance Company - "The benefits of Yoga for Dancers"
- Dr. Vinayachandra BK, Director, Indica Yoga
- Smt. Vijayalakshmi Vijayakumar, Director, CSP